What personal information do we collect?
In connection with your use of our services, we collect certain Personal Information from you as set forth below:
- In order to register, we require that you provide certain information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- When posting a job opening, we collect details such as the position needed, job description, contact and location information.
- When filling out a resume profile, we collect additional information such as an introductory paragraph, work availability, work history, education, certificates, CE courses, awards, and professional skills.
The Site does utilize “cookies” in order to store our user’s preferences. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about that user. We use “cookies” to determine how many visitors we have and how often they visit various sections of our Site. Additionally, it enables us to customize your experience as a return user. Do keep in mind that “cookies” do not contain any personally identifiable information. You can remove or block this “cookie” using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature. If you choose to disable this “cookie,” your experience at our Site and may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
As you browse the Site and other websites, online ad networks we work with may place additional anonymous “cookies” on your computer and/or use similar technologies in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities in order to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads will simply not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
All User Content (as defined in the SPS Terms of Service) posted or stored on the Site by you will be considered non-confidential public information and SPS is under no obligation to afford such User Content the privacy protections provided herein.
SPS does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To what parties do we disclose personal information?
We do not share or otherwise disclose Personal Information except as described below:
- Job opening details, including the Employer name and contact information, are available to all registered users and may be viewed by anyone with access to the World Wide Web.
- On-line job application details, including name, contact and resume profile information, are available only to the poster of the applied-for job opening.
- Posted resume details, including name, contact and resume profile information, are available to all registered employers.
All of the above information may be shared with, or licensed to, our affiliates and/or certain unaffiliated third parties at any time without notice to you.
What are your privacy choices?
- All registered users have the ability to view or update their personal information at any time by signing-in to your account and clicking on the Resume Profile link.
- When posting a job opening, an option is available to hide the Employer name and contact information from the posting. In this case, it is the responsibility of the poster to provide alternate contact information.
- The posting of a resume to employers is completely optional, and can be made private at any time.
- Likewise, an active job posting can be marked booked or canceled at any time in order to remove it from our listings.
- All registered users have the ability to view, update or remove their test and assessment information by clicking on the Career Resources link.
We may be required to disclose Personal Information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share registration or other Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Site or using the SPS name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
In accordance with California Civil Code 1798.83, California residents are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints at California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or be email at email@example.com.
What about security?
In order to maximize the protection of your information, SPS uses state-of-the-art technology to protect your data from use, misuse, or alteration by unauthorized third parties.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the practices of this site, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.